2021 Northern Pacific (NorPac) Division Championship & Runoffs Qualifiers
The SCCA Board of Directors has set three distinct paths to receive a Runoffs invitation in 2021.
- Path 1 U.S Majors Tour, Super Tour and/or Conference Events
- Path 2 Division Championship Events
- Path 3 Defending National Championships
NorPac Division Championship and Runoffs Qualifications
- A competitor must participate in a minimum of four of a single Division’s championship points weekends in the same class.
- The top eight race finishes will be counted toward the Championship.
- A competitor must finish in the top three positions in his class point standings, except SM and SRF3 where the top five will be invited.
- All NorPac races in San Francisco, Oregon, and Northwest Regions count for Divisional points, including U.S. Majors Tour and Super Tour events.
- All Majors/Runoffs-eligible classes are included.
- Drivers must hold an SCCA Competition license (Novice, Full, or Pro) prior to accruing points in the NorPac Division Championship but must hold a SCCA Full Competition or SCCA Pro License to receive a Runoffs invitation.
- All drivers in NorPac Regions of Record shall be automatically entered in the Division Championship standings.
- Points scheme to be used is the same as for the Majors, points are awarded down to 20th position for all Divisional championship races.
- If the NorPac Championship is not concluded at the time of the Runoffs, invitations will be extended to competitors meeting the requirements at a time two weeks prior to the start of the Runoffs event.
- Ties in the Division Championship standings are resolved based on the drivers’ 2021 record of first place finishes, then second place, then third, in all 2021 NorPac Divisional races. If two or more drivers have identical points they are tied for the position in the standings.
- Runoffs invitations will be extended to the top 3 drivers Runoffs eligible classes (top 5 in SM & SRF3) in each class. If a driver qualifies for the Runoffs by the Majors, Pro Path, or by invitation as a Defending National Champion, the Division standings (for Runoffs qualifications only) will drop down to the next qualified driver in points in that class.
2021 NorPac Championship Points Races
February 27-28, @ Sonoma Raceway, SF Regional
March 19-21, @ Thunderhill Raceway Park, SF MAJORS & Restricted Regional
March 27-28, @ Portland International Raceway, Ore Regional
May 15-16, @ Portland International Raceway, Ore SUPER TOUR
May 29-30, @ Pacific Raceways, Pacific Grand Prix MAJORS
May 28-30, @ WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca, SF Regional
June 18-19, @ Sonoma Raceway, SF Regional
July 23-25, @ WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca, SF Regional
Aug 6-8, @ Portland International Raceway, Ore Triple Regional
Aug 28-29, @ WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca, SF Regional
Sept 18-19, @ Portland International Raceway, Ore Double Regional
Oct 9-10. @ WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca, SF Regional
Nov 5-7, @ Thunderhill Raceway Park, SF Regional*
* Double points for SF Regional only – Not NorPac