2019 Northern Pacific (NorPac) Division Championship & Runoffs Qualifiers
The SCCA Board of Directors has set two paths to the Runoffs in 2019.
· Path 1 is via the Majors (Conference Majors & Super Tour)
· Path 2 is via Divisional Racing
· Path 3 is via Pro Path
NorPac Division Championship and Runoffs Qualifications:
· All NorPac races in San Francisco, Oregon, and Northwest Regions count for Divisional points, including Majors events.
· All Majors/Runoffs-eligible classes are included.
· Drivers must hold an SCCA Competition license (Novice, Full, or Pro) prior to accruing points in the NorPac Division Championship.
· Drivers must have at least 6 finishes over 4 weekends.
· Best 7 race finishes shall be counted.
· No Out-of-Division races will count toward NorPac Division Championship.
· All drivers in NorPac Regions of Record shall be automatically entered in the Division Championship standings.
· Points scheme to be used is the same as for the Majors, points are awarded down to 20th position for all Divisional championship races.
· Events after September 17 will not be counted toward Runoff Qualifiers but will count toward the NorPac Championship.
· Ties in the Division Championship standings are resolved based on the drivers’ 2019 record of first place finishes, then second place, then third, in all 2019 NorPac Divisional races (Best 7 finishes and outside Best 7). If two or more drivers have identical records they are tied for the position in the standings.
· Runoffs invitations will be extended to the top 3 drivers Runoffs eligible classes (top 5 in SM & SRF3) in each class. If a driver qualifies for the Runoffs by the Majors, Pro Path, or by invitation as a Defending National Champion, the Division standings (for Runoffs qualifications only) will drop down to the next qualified driver in points in that class.